Blog: Next New


There are already plenty of types of new media that fulfill the needs of the average consumer. This ranges from social media, video platforms, and dating applications. But there are still some needs that have not yet been fulfilled by current new media offerings. My idea for a new type of new media is a family application built for parents that like to keep connected with their children. This application will feature built-in group chat in addition to tracking, so parents are always aware of their child’s location. There is also the potential for it to be part of a network of family devices. Such as the ability to lock or unlock house doors with add on accessories. In the current market, there are apps that have these features but are offered by various companies. The differentiating factor of this new application is the ability to use all these features seamlessly in one app to provide ease of use.




Comments

  1. I like this idea! Of course there are many different apps to control home systems but there isn't one that brings it all together. From my own experience, I have to have the Nest app for home security, the Phillips Hue app for lights, the Ring app for the doorbell and it's just a lot to handle sometimes. I'd love an app to integrate it all. I like the idea for the family application as well and it should be integrated into that app too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just like Ashley, I also have the same apps and have to change apps to access each program. It would be amazing to have an app integrate it all just for the convenience. Although many would argue that this is an extreme third world problem, I think it would just be an advancement to the tools and apps we have now. I would definitely download this new media and can see it coming to life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually have the ring doorbell, door lock and camera flood lights along with adt app for security and Philips light app as well. Honestly, I hate flipping through the apps I try my best to have all of it automated where it all just works on its own. With set timers for lights and motions sensors, it runs on its own for the most part. I would like to see more automation from all these products where you don't have to flip through an app to get the desired results besides the initial setup. I don't want to have to disarm my system, how about some facial recognition and go? Or the ring app being better at not ringing my phone every time some plastic rumbles in the wind. Guess there is still a lot of room for growth with these apps.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

P2P File Sharing

Creativity and New Media